PDF files in Mozilla

Rambo enigma at rick-net.com
Thu Apr 19 00:27:25 UTC 2007

Robert Stockdale IV wrote:
> Hi :
>      I'm having a tough time trying to figure out why only  page 1 of
> a multi-page pdf document gets displayed in Firefox. I looked at the
> menu Edit/Preferences/File Type and pdf is not one of the extensions
> available. Otherwise I'd have Firefox use Xpdf or something else. I'm
> currently running Firefox/2.0.0.3 (Ubuntu-edgy) AMD64 version. Is
> there a file I can edit manually to give me the option to add Xpdf to
> File Types? Is there anything else I could try short of using
> Acroread, (Which is still not available for AMD64)?
> Thank you,
> Bob

I had the same problem, until I shut off the desktop effects that came
with an upgrade of Feisty Fawn. I have GNOME desktop 2.18.1 build
4/10/07. It was then, my pdf files went back to normal. I'm not sure why
the desktop effects feature has this anomaly on all flavors of pdf
files. At least, that was my experience.

Yes, to those paying attention, I'm under the guise of an old nickname
that surfaced recently. Not for any bad reason, as it may suggest. As a
matter of fact, I don't even look like him. I guess it's just "one of
those things".
Peace.

--
~Rick Donahue