Automatix?

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Tue Apr 17 23:35:46 UTC 2007

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 16:46 -0700, Jim Smith wrote:
>
>> Would it be better to install it
>> via Automatix2 or just install the binary blob from Google?
>>

> Easiest is to add the medibuntu repository to your software sources and
> simply install the package "googleearth": http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/
>
> The Intel 915 is definitely able to provide 3D support in Linux. You do
> have the xserver-xorg-video-i810 package installed and in use, yes?

I believe it was installed along with a boatload of other video drivers.
I first installed Dapper on here and am now up to Feisty and "assume"
(makes an ass of U and me), that it was upgraded along with the rest. I
started messing with Linux in about '99 or so but feel I am growing
dumber as Linux grows smarter. I would like to get this worked out so I
can play the OpenGL games and see the cool OpenGL screensavers. I dimly
remember running "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" to check that  very
thing after I had first installed Dapper here. I'm sure the i810 pkg is
here but I will check. Is there any other information I can provide to
help diagnose this?

Thanks

Jim