Automatix?

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 17 00:17:18 UTC 2007

Jim Smith wrote:
> I would like to install Google Earth on this Sony laptop, Ubuntu 7.04,
> Intel Graphics (No 3d however, odd!) Would it be better to install it
> via Automatix2 or just install the binary blob from Google? Should I
> wait until Feisty is officially released?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

It is generally recommended to avoid Automatix. Although I find it very
useful, but only really use it if you don't intend to dist-upgrade your
system. For general multimedia support Easy Ubuntu is recommended, but
this lacks Google Earth. My advice would be to download it from Google
manually, if they have a .deb.

Hope that kinda helps.
Gabe