Error "undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2" with libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 installed

Stuart Brown stuart at viamedia.co.za
Mon Apr 16 12:02:40 UTC 2007

Hi

I have a binary I need to run under 6.10. I installed to glibc2
libraries by installing the libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 package, but I am
getting the following error when executing the application "undefined
symbol: __dynamic_cast_2". This worked under Fedora 6 when I installed
the compat-libstdc++-296.i386 RPM.

Is the libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 deb the equivalent of the compat-libstdc
++-296.i386 RPM ?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.

Regards

Stuart