Linux / Ubuntu Friendly Harware

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Mon Apr 16 09:42:59 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I am planning to upgrade my computer soon and I would like some advice on
the hardware configuration.

What I plan to do:

Install Ubuntu
Use it as a standard desktop for Internet browsing and Multimedia.

I'd like the folowing configuration (or similar):

AMD CPU (parallel to a standard Intel P4 or Intel P4 Dual Core)
Best Motherboard
1Gb (1024 Mb)
160Gb - 250Gb HD
An nVidia PCI-E Video Adapter with at least 128MB memory (For OpenGL / 3D
Hardware)

I already have a DVD-RW w/ LightScribe I plan to move to the new machine
(BTW - What's the status regarding LightScribe and Ubuntu?)

Any pointers / suggestions regarding brands or even better - specific
models?

Thanks!
--

Amichai Rotman