Good books to have on your bookshelf (was Re: Where is my 2G? - MC)

Scott Lockwood scott at guppylog.com
Sat Apr 14 03:54:21 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 18:27 -0700, Patton Echols wrote:
> On 04/13/2007 10:32 AM, Scott Lockwood wrote:
> > Hopefully, the above gets you started. I posted some info about good
> > books to read, let me know if you can't find it, I'll be happy to post
> > it again.
> I deleted the email, but I'll check the archives.
> Anyone else?  recommendations of good books to help the clueless get a clue?

No problem! I'll take the oportunity to expand on my list a little, and
provide other useful info:

BOOKS:
Essential System Administration By Æleen Frisch
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/esa3/index.html

Unix Power Tools By Shelley Powers, Jerry Peek, Tim O'Reilly, Mike
Loukides
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/upt3/index.html

Running Linux By Matthias Kalle Dalheimer, Matt Welsh
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/runlinux5/index.html

The UNIX Systems Administration Handbook by Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder,
Scott Seebass, Trent R. Hein, et al.
http://www.amazon.com/UNIX-System-Administration-Handbook-3rd/dp/0130206016/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/104-2587738-8696715?ie=UTF8&qid=1176522696&sr=1-1

The Practice of System and Network Administration by Thomas A.
Limoncelli, Christine Hogan
http://www.amazon.com/Practice-System-Network-Administration/dp/0201702711/ref=pd_sim_b_4/104-2587738-8696715?ie=UTF8&qid=1176522696&sr=1-1

--
Regards,