Ogg-checker?

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Apr 13 17:50:12 UTC 2007

Andy wrote:
> On 13/04/07, Brian Fahrlander <brian at fahrlander.net> wrote:
>>      [Under Dapper] how would I know?  Anyone know of a program to check
>> validity of such files?
>
> Have you tried ogginfo ?
> It's in the vorbis-tools package:
> <http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/sound/vorbis-tools>
>
> Andy

  Non-conclusive, I'm afraid:
Processing file "/shares/Music/anita_baker/retrospective/01 -
Sweet_Love.ogg"...
New logical stream (#1, serial: 712dc3da): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20040629 (1.1.0 rc1)
Channels: 2
Rate: 44100

Nominal bitrate: 192.000000 kb/s
Upper bitrate not set
Lower bitrate not set
User comments section follows...
        TITLE=Sweet Love
        ARTIST=Anita Baker
        TRACKNUMBER=1
        TRACKTOTAL=11
        ALBUM=Retrospective
        COMMENT=Ripped with Sound Juicer
        GENRE=Jazz
Vorbis stream 1:
        Total data length: 6364168 bytes
        Playback length: 4m:28.346s
        Average bitrate: 189.729743 kb/s
Logical stream 1 ended

   There doesn't seem to be any _checking_ going on, or at least it has
no problem with it, but thanks for the tip.

   Is it possiblel gstreamer's mechanism has a flaw, or something? It's
just darned peculiar...

- --
 Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
 Evansville, IN                              http://Fahrlander.net/brian
 ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller