Ubuntu-->Kubuntu

Jonathan Hirschman jonathan at hirschman.net
Fri Apr 13 16:35:30 UTC 2007

OOzy Pal wrote:
> I just switched to Ubuntu from Kubuntu. What are the similar programs
> in ubuntu for
>
> krename
> kjots
> Kget
> K3b

Hint: you don't need KDE to run KDE programs, at least most of them. So,
you could always just install the exact programs that you want...

apt-cache search KDE | grep krename
krename - Powerful batch renamer for KDE 3.x

Seems that at least some of them are ready to go, and will install on
plain old Ubuntu. Try it.

Some of the programs that you want may be wrapped up in a collection -
I'll leave it to you to find the rest of the packages that you need.

jh