WordPress package

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Fri Apr 13 11:43:12 UTC 2007

Scott Lockwood wrote:

> Which is totally ridiculous. So much for 'Long Term Support'. We ended
> up patching the files in question ourselves, so now we can't use apt to
> upgrade.

Why so? As far as I know, Ubuntu supports only main and restricted and
just offers universe/multiverse as unsuported extras. If you install
something from those, it's your choice.

However, something which might help you:

Search for the prevu package in the ubuntu forums and backport wordpress
from edgy/feisty or even from debian. This way you will get around the
problem that you might have problems with apt.

HTH

Carsten