Where is my 2G? - MC

Scott Lockwood scott at guppylog.com
Fri Apr 13 11:25:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 13:56 +0930, Brian Astill wrote:
> There is all the difference in the world between a number of
> people trying to help someone in trouble - and succeeding - and a
> smart-arse coming after it is all over to say he knew the answer
> all along.

And more importantly, there is a huge difference between coming in and
asking for help, which you then accept with grace and humility, and
acting like a child, stamping his foot, and insisting that the world
should change to conform to his view.

MOST if not all of the people I know react negatively to people who
cluelessly exclaim over and over "No! It's this way! Even though I
clearly don't understand the behavior, I know I'm right!" In the face of
multiple people trying to (nicely, at first) tell them the truth.

I'm on the mc user and developer lists. I notice the 'bug' hasn't been
reported there...

This, more than anything else, makes me think the Ubuntu code of conduct
is a terrible idea. No one ever made the people who taught me be nice
when I rudely wasted their time. The code needs an exception for the
chronically rude noob who proves clue resistant, and is in bad need of a
clue bat.

--
Regards,
Scott Lockwood