Converting Blusfish syntax-highlighted PHP code in to a PDF

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Fri Apr 13 00:38:41 UTC 2007

Richard Mancusi wrote:
> On 4/12/07, Nicolas Kaiser <halforc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/12/07, Richard Mancusi <vrman49 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> You can print from Bluefish - it just needs to be setup.  Following is
>>> my strange setup - I suspect there is a better way.
>>>
>>> 1. Edit/Preferences/External programs
>>>    Utilities and filters section
>>>    Add
>>>    (I added 3 "printers" - this is where YOU can get inventive)
>>>    Label = Print    Command = lpr '%s'
>>>    Label = enscript   Command = enscript -B --font=Courier8 -M letter '%s'
>>>    Label = enscript-hdr   Command = enscript --font=Courier8 -M letter '%s'
>> Sure, but these don't do syntax-highlighting, do they? Try
>>
>> Label = vim-ps   Command = vim "+ha >%s.ps" +q %s 2>/dev/null
>>
>> Should create a syntax-highlighted %s.ps postscript file.
>>
>> Problem with vim is, it uses different colors than Bluefish. For
>> printing the original Bluefish colors you'd need to convert Bluefish
>> syntax highlighting to vim.
>> If there's an easier way to print with original Bluefish syntax
>> highlighting, I'm all ears.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> n.
>>

> Nicolas -
>
> I was responding to "... you can't print from Bluefish ..." and nothing
> more.  That's the problem when a thread splits into several pieces.
> Clearly my reply had limited value to the op - however it could be of
> value to others who do not believe you can print from Bluefish.
> Someone already gave the answer I would have - paste into Open
> Office Write and then convert to pdf - which is closer to addressing
> the op.
>
> Also, in the past I have used Bluefish for editing C routines.  The color
> is excellent and my commands print it the way it looks on the screen.
> Again, a deviation from the op and there are better programs for
> editing C routines.
>
> Sorry for the confusion I will drop out of this thread.  Hope my info
> helped at least someone.
>
> best regards
> -rich

Richard, thank you so much for your help.
I'm glad we agree that Bluefish is excellent. I don't share your fortune
  with printing, only get black and white. I didn't actually see a post
about copy&paste in OpenOffice, but I'll try that too. I don't know
about others but I value and really appreciate your input.

gabe