kde manual for dummies

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 12 21:18:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:31:13 -0500
elaine <i4gott at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi!  here's something for thought!
>
> Yes, i know there are no ked,ubuntu,kubuntu dummies; but on the other hand i
> am one. the main manuals are 75 - 80% above my head level [ about 4' 11'' is
> as high as any thing goes].   so, does there exist a simpler form or dummies
> a manual for us ''shorter'' minds ?
>
> Thoughts anyone ?

You might enjoy "Moving to Ubuntu Linux" by Marcel Gagne

http://marcelgagne.com/mtubuntu.html

(Full disclosure: I was a pre-publication reviewer of this book, but I
don't get a cut of the profits ;p   )

The "help" icon on your top panel leads to some useful stuff - is that too
advanced? If so, the Ubuntu documentation team would probably like to hear
about it...

Have you looked at http://help.ubuntu.com ?

Peter