Does LVM affect performance

Scott Medling scott.medling at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 19:14:11 UTC 2007

I'm using LVM on top of two RAID 5 arrays and the only thing I notice is
that the RAID 5 uses about 1% of my 1.8GHz P4 and I don't see LVM, so it
must use less than that of the CPU.  I can't come up with a logical reason
why it might affect disk IO or RAM usage noticeably (but it has to store
it's information in RAM somewhere).