How to view system services use ?

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:50:59 UTC 2007

On 4/12/07, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:

> My question -- what facilities/tools
> are available for me to determine "what services is the system
> running at the instant that system mode is taking this noticeable
> percentage of the CPU" ?

You could run System Monitor and keep and eye on it for a while and
see if you can notice what process is taking over. Click on SYSTEM >
ADMINISTRATION > SYSTEM MONITOR. There are three tabs. One of them
will show you the running processes, which can them be ordered
according to CPU usuage. Other than that I am not too sure. Any other
ideas?

Craig