Can't Boot after latest Feisty Upgrade

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Wed Apr 11 23:09:39 UTC 2007

On 04/11/2007 02:23 PM, John Graddy wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 15:21 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>

>> Can you post your /var/log/boot and also your /etc/network/interfaces
>> files (feel free to modify the IP's of the last slightly).
>>

> The files you asked for follow later in this post.
>
> The /var/log/boot file is strange in that it has only entries for Feb.
> 14.  Did you intend to ask for /var/log/bootstrap?  That one has a lot
> of entries about pre-dependency problems.

I was hoping for a current one. Mine is updated on each boot & to be
honest I can't remember how I turned it on.

> I have also examined the Dmesg log at Peter Garrett's suggestion and
> have found some strange (at least strange to me) happenings.  I have
> identified 2 minutes and 18 seconds of unexplained delays.

Can you post those delays?

> The files that you wanted to sww follow:

Do you have all of those interfaces? If not, I would suggest that you
edit to only one interface right now. During boot the system will look
for each one & can cause significate delay if it doesn't find each one.
Eventually it will time out & move one to the next.

> /etc/network/interfaces
>

> auto lo
>
> iface lo inet loopback
>

> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>

> auto eth1
>
> iface eth1 inet dhcp
>

> auto eth2
>
> iface eth2 inet dhcp
>

> auto ath0
>
> iface ath0 inet dhcp
>

> auto wlan0
>
> iface wlan0 inet dhcp
>

> iface ppp0 inet ppp
>
> provider ppp0

Ref:

You might also want to look through some of these:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+site:bugs.launchpad.net+feisty+%2Blong+boot+%2Brecent+update>