No subject

Jimmy Frydkær Jensen thewolf40 at mailme.dk
Wed Apr 11 22:18:37 UTC 2007

>Rick Donahue wrote

What's up?
I just received several downloads updating Feisty Fawn. Upon restart, I
have an "!" on the networking icon that states there's no network
connection. I use Ubuntu as a workstation. Of course, I have a
connection, or else I would not have been able to send this email. I
have my workstation setup on a Cisco Lynksys router connected directly
to a high speed cable modem. I have DHCP set to receive an IP. A Windows
machine is connected to the router as well. (useless information) The
"!" under the network icon eludes me! Has anyone updated Ubuntu to
Feisty Fawn, and ran the updates as of this morning (4/11) and have the
same anomaly?

--
Hi Rick

Yes I've received the updates you are referring to. And ever since I got
those updates installed, and restarts my Feisty-box I get that alert on
the networking icon. I found out, that if I click on the icon, and then on
the point saying Cabled Networking a message appears telling me that
there's no network connections. Then the icon changes and a blue circle
spins around two green spots only to return moments later telling me that
a network has been connected. From thereon I just use my computer as
nothing has happened. My connection has not dropped in speed because of
this, and I expect that an update soon will land to resolve this small
issue.

Jimmy

--
He Whom Dare Wins4/11/07