Grub anomaly

Casey Stamper casey.stamper at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:01:14 UTC 2007

I just updated my dual-boot system (XP & Ubuntu) to the latest kernel,
kernel-headers, etc. When I rebooted, the option for Windows XP was missing.
It's not a problem - just edited menu.lst and added the selection back in
again but I've never seen a kernel upgrade/update to this to the Grub menu
and the menu.lst file. It wasn't commented out, it wasn't down further like
I've seen it before - it was just totally deleted. Like I said, no big deal
but I was just curious as to what causes this?