Can't Boot after latest Feisty Upgrade

John Graddy jwgraddy at valornet.com
Tue Apr 10 02:44:47 UTC 2007

> This may be related? I'm not sure:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/103696

The only similarity that I see is that I have an NVIDIA Corp. nforce2
motherboard.  This bug report also concerned a system built on an NVIDIA
Corp. motherboard, but it was nforce3.  The bug also involved an ATHLON
64 processor.

I removed the acpi=force from the kopt line in my /boot/grub/menu.lst
and rebooted.  Nothing changed.  I don't understand a lot about the
linux kernel or the Grub process, but, will modifying the menu.lst file
have any effect on booting if I haven't updated Grub and built a new
kernel?

Thanks for your continued efforts to help me.

John