Sane and Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Tue Apr 10 01:49:49 UTC 2007

NoOp said the following on 04/08/2007 07:43 PM:
> Have you contacted the author of the backend for help?
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON
>  http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-epson.5.html
> <quote>
> Please send mail to the backend author (khk @ khk.net) to report success
> with scanners not on the list or problems with scanners that are listed.
> </quote>

Yes and here is is reply:
"the name "GT-9700" is the internal name (and the name that EPSON uses
to market this scanner in Japan), so that has noting to do with your
problem. I've seen a number of problems reported with Ubuntu, I suspect
that there is something wrong with the USB subsystem, which is outside
of my control. I know that this scanner works fine with my SuSE system.

Karl Heinz"

Maybe if we want to use that scanner, switch to SuSE.

Just kidding!

The USB subsystem is beyond my area of expertise ... to say the least!
How can we get someone "in-the-know" to check it out?

I tested this on my laptop and my desktop which I have running the same
version of Ubuntu.  Same results on both.

Alex

Ourwoods.org
 Counting in binary is just like counting in decimal if you are all thumbs. (79)