Import email fromWindows OutlookExpressto Ubuntu

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Fri Apr 6 02:51:04 UTC 2007

RS wrote:
> Hi Listers,
>
> I have just installed Ubuntu on Hard Drive-D.  MS Windows and much email are on Hard Drive-C.  Is it possible to import that email into Ubuntu?  I am a nubie so, be specific.

The easiest way is to install Thunderbird on Windows, and import your
e-mail from Outlook Express into Thunderbird.

Then boot into linux, use the file manager to open your Windows drive
and find Thunderbird's e-mail files. They will be in Documents and
Settings/[user]/Application Data/Thunderbird/profiles/[some random
gibberish]/mail/Local Folders/

Copy those files, and paste them in your ~/.evolution/mail/local folder
(You only need/want the files that are the same name as the e-mail
folders..  For example. copy Inbox, but not Inbox.msf.)