Grip: normalizing between ripping and encoding (with lame) does nothing.

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Thu Apr 5 19:48:13 UTC 2007

For years on Debian [1] and Ubuntu I've had this problem --- grip
ignores (as far as I can tell) whatever I put in the normalize field
of the Config -> Rip -> Options tab.  I've tried
"/usr/bin/normalize-audio -a -20dB" as well as adding the
%stuff%stuff.wav to the end of that box.  The commands I'm trying to
use work on their own from xterm on the files, but when I try to
normalize tracks within grip the resulting *.wav and *.mp3 files end
up at the unnormalized volume: grip appears to ignore the command
completely.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  (I'm quite open to the suggestion
that I'm doing something wrong!)

[1]