Evolution and gmail

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:26:04 UTC 2007

Thanks for the quick response.
Incidentally, I found the place in preferences to set a sound to play
when new mail arrives, but if I close Evolution it stops checking for
new mail and the notification sound is never played. I know there are
some evolution things running in the background, including something
called evolution-alarm-notify, but they don't seem to check for new
messages if the main Evolution window is closed.

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo
--
I've always found anomalies to be very relaxing. It's a curse.
--Jadzia Dax: Star Trek Deep Space Nine (The Assignment)