Denyhosts

Scott Abbey scott at wangfu.org
Tue Apr 3 23:06:40 UTC 2007

Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>     I'm seeing "universe" in there in a couple of places- how come I
> don't see the packages?

Yeah, oops XO. Mea culpa.

Sorry, Brian. I should have specified that I am running Feisty, the latest
development version of Ubuntu. That package wasn't added to the
repositories until Edgy; which, of course, you wouldn't have access to.

My best advice to you would be, unless you absolutely NEED the stability and
LTS of Dapper, to update to Edgy, and the to Feisty once it is released. If
you DO need it, you'll either have to live without, and use an alternative
(fail2ban is my personal pick), or find someone to create a package for
you.

I imagine this is also responsible for many of the other missing packages
you have encountered. Despite Dapper's touted stability, I find Edgy, and
now Feisty, much more feature-complete than Dapper ever was, even with
backports. I've never encountered stability problems with Edgy, and with
Feisty approaching release, it is shaping up to be quite stable as well.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards,
Scott