Minimum Partition Size for Feisty?

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Tue Apr 3 18:40:47 UTC 2007

Hi all,

what's the minimum partition size for Feisty beta when you install it
with Ubiquity (from the Live-CD)?

I tried a size of 8.5 GB, which should be more than enough, but always
get a "Too small partition" error popup. Is this expected?

On another machine, I regularly install Feisty on a 3 GB partition,
which is a bit small but still enough to compile xserver, have a
development environment and so on. Why is the installer that limiting? A
  warning should be enough for everything between 3 GB and 10 GB.

Regards,

Andreas