VMware Error after upgrade

Guillermo Garron guillermo.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 02:36:12 UTC 2007

On 3/31/07, Stanczak Group <justin at stanczakgroup.com> wrote:
> I did the updates this afternoon and now I get this error when trying to
> run VMware. Anyone else getting this? Any solutions?
> Running VMware VMware Workstation 5.5.3 build-34685 with Ubuntu 7,
> 2.6.20-13-generic 64bit
>
> vmware: ../../src/xcb_lock.c:62: _XGetXCBBuffer: Assertion `((int)
> ((xcb_req) - (dpy->request)) >= 0)' failed.

Hi,
Did you tried to re-config it? is your VMware patched?

I am not sure about Workstation but I needed to patch the Vmware
Server to have it running on Feisty.

http://linux.go2linux.org/node/30
This link is for Debian but the patch part works for Feisty also,
(Never tried with 64bits Kernel)

regards,

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."