vmware-player, action "start" failed

Carlos Alberto latinbits at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 22:29:51 UTC 2006

On 9/30/06, Dave M <DaveM at mich.com> wrote:
> I am new to Ubuntu (v6.06), using Synaptic to install VMware-player. It
> looks like it fails while "Starting VMware services". Any help or insights
> will be appreciated. I am  Seeing the following errors in the Synaptic
> terminal:

You may want to install vmware-server, i heared it runs better than
the player. There seems to be some problems with kernel headers and
the package installed from synaptic. (This is just what i read in the
forums)

If you want to install the server version, check this howto:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=183209

 I hope this helps!

Carlos Alberto