fglrx won't initalise DRI

m c markc.lists at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 30 14:53:48 UTC 2006

Aha, solved it in two parts, firstly due to being a complete idiot I
didnt notice linux-restricted-modules wasn't installed. This is a bad
thing. After that there was still a problem that libgl was looking for
fglrx_dri.so in compltely the wrong place so I had to add
export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/lib/dri
to /etc/profile

Hope this helps anyone else, although I doubt anyone else would be
quite that stupid