Problem with Network Manager

Ben Edwards (lists) lists at videonetwork.org
Sat Sep 30 12:07:22 UTC 2006

Been trying to get network manager working.  I have the applet but when
I click on it it only shows wired network, and this is only if I start
eth0 manually.  Currently I have eth0 and ra0 in my interfaces file
(neither with auto).  I have also started er0 and it does not show up.

Also looking a http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/ half way
down the page there is a  screenshot showing a applet with a drop down
panel showing a list of wireless networks and there signal strength.
The applet I have had do drop down;(

I then installed Wireless Assistant and this shows 4 wireless networks
in range.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Ben