Kubuntu installer crash ?

Gabriel M Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Fri Sep 29 04:01:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 14:21 +0500, umair ubuntu wrote:
> I have installed UBUNTU 6.06 now i want to install Kubuntu on it
> but whenever i put cd indrive and start installation it doesnot go
> beyond
> manually configure partitions

You have several options. First is don't manually partition the drive.
Second, download and use the "alternate CD" for a text-based
installation. Third, probably most favourable, is to boot in to the
current Ubuntu installation and in a terminal type "sudo aptitude
install kubuntu-desktop", this will download and install only the needed
packages. If you want to go back to just "ubuntu" again, type "sudo
aptitude remove kubuntu-desktop".