Informing other users

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 28 17:24:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:51:28 +0200
Dieter Schicker <dieter.schicker at uni-graz.at> wrote:

> Scott wrote:

> >> Thanks, works great!
> >>
> >> Dieter
> >>

> > Heh. I learned something new today. I've never had an interest in such a
> > thing, but now I can't wait to setup my other box (my previous one
> > that's that's been collecting dust for 21 months) just to try this out.
> >
> > Sad eh? ;-)
> >

> No, not sad, but funny! Now I can REALLY annoy my users. ;-)

Annoy them with more *style*  like this:

ssh user at host zenity --info --text="The\ world\ as\ we\ know\ it\ ends
\ in\ 5\ minutes" --display=:0

;-)

For some reason zenity insists on the \ escape before each space....
unless there's an option I missed in my quick examination of the help.

Anyway, this looks nicer than xmessage :-)

Peter