Port used for irssi

Jacob Weeks jaweeks at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 19:12:18 UTC 2006

difficuty is that http is allow through firewalls because it's going
to a destination port of 80, not 6667.  if they're not allowing you to
connect to a irc server currently, they would have to allow outbound
connections to 6667.  Alternately you could use a proxy to bypass
their rules, such as tor or another sanctioned proxy.

hope that provides some info.

On 9/27/06, Tony Yarusso <tonyyarusso at earthlink.net> wrote:
> My university's wireless network is currently configured to only allow the ports for http and https protocols.  As IRC is a significant means for me to interact with all of you, I'd like to be able to use it there.  I have submitted a configuration change request to the firewall manager, but if that doesn't go through, is there a way to make irssi use the same ports as http so it will work?
>

> Tony Yarusso
> tonyyarusso at earthlink.net
> http://home.earthlink.net/~tonyyarusso
> http://www.troop609.indianhead.org

-- Never do today, what you can blame someone else for not doing tomorrow.