install ubuntu without CD-rom drive?

gmhains ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Sep 27 18:54:06 UTC 2006

Having just completed this task on my 3110ct.  Firstly removing the hard
drive is easy.  Remember to remove only the screws at the front of the
case.

The hard drive is a 2.5" hard drive so you will require an adapter to
use a standard IDE cable.

After you have installed Ubuntu, the system may only boot in text mode
because your system settings are not correct.  You will need to
reconfigure xserver.

Ubuntu 6.0.6 works very well even though the machine is a P2 300 with
192K RAM and 6G hard drive. The performance isn't astounding but it is
faster than WIN 2K.

P.S. My 15 year old completed the task in less than 1 hour.

--
gmhains