firefox: X Window System Error --> crash

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Tue Sep 26 14:40:06 UTC 2006

hey folks,

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 05:58 -0400, Michael R. Head wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 15:30 +1000, Lennon Cook wrote:
> > Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org> wrote:
> > > $ echo export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 | sudo tee /etc/firefox/firefoxrc
> > I think you meanL
> > $ echo export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 | sudo tee -a /etc/firefox/firefoxrc
> > Overwriting what's already in there probably isn't a good idea.
>
> Yes, thank you! I realized my typo after I posted, but forgot in which
> post I had made it, so was unable to correct it.

oops!  had to apt-getremove --purge firefox to get that back, but now
all is working swimmingly.  I'm not sure though that the problem was
solely related to the flash plugin -- I don't think there'[s any flash
content on the gmail login page (could be wrong about that though).

In any case it works grand now, thanks!
Is there any reason this line shouldn't be included in firefoxrc by
default?

matt