Java Plugins and Firefox

brendon brendontoogood at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 00:52:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 17:40 -0700, Raymond Lillard wrote:
> I have just installed Ubuntu at one of my clients.  This is
> their first Linux workstation.
>
> They will be using it to extend a Java application (ImageJ)
> to drive an 3-axis robotic scanner and capture data for
> image analysis.  I have been encouraging Linux use here for
> years and have been given the OK to do this project on Linux
> since Java is also supported on Windows (which could be a fall-
> back alternative if needed).
try this , this works
sudo apt-get install sun-java5-jre sun-java5-plugin
sudo update-alternatives --config java
and choose option 3
  Brendon Toogood
  Ubuntu Linux Advocate
  The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number #1741
  Linux Registered User #417189
  http://www.freewebs.com/wlcs/

The New Zealand Ubuntu LoCo Mailing List subscribe at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-nz

or check out our Wiki at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NZTeam