Drivers for Canon PIXMA iP1000

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sun Sep 24 09:42:17 UTC 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:18:02 +1200
brendon <brendontoogood at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 10:11 +0200, Ouattara Oumar Aziz wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I can't print with my Canon PIXMA iP1000 printer because
> > > there's no built-on drivers for that printer on Ubuntu.
> > > I tried other printer drivers came with Ubuntu such as
> > > BJC2100 and iP4000 to see whether my printer works with
> > > them. But no luck. I took a search for *.PPD files on my
> > > printer driver CD ROM. They do Windows and Mac only; no
> > > luck again. :-(
> > >
> > > Does somebody know where to find the appropriate drivers
> > > for Canon PIXMA iP1000?
> > > Please provide the URL for download.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > > * Sameera Shaakunthala.
> > >

> > Very appropriate drivers for linux are provided here :
> > http://www.turboprint.de/english.html (the problem is that
> > it's neither free nor open source).
> >
> agreed  turboprint prints good but with  there logo  on all
> printing except for draft print which is a pain
> --

Hi,

maybe we somehow missed the business model of turboprint. ;-))

They provide turboprint to download and test free of charge.

For testing purposes, you can print anything with the only
limitation that they print out their logo on any page, except
when printing in draft mode.

This allows you to see how
wonderful turboprint works in conjunction with your printer
without paying anything before knowing.

Only after you know, you go to the turboprint website, pay for
and download a valid license key and voila:

You can print to
your canon in a quality that matches windows, without any
additional logo, simply because you paid for the license. ;-)

It is cheap and it is money well spent. I fully agree with
Brendon:
There is nothing comparable around, especially in
regard to canon inkjet printers used with Linux.
For example I use it to print from Dapper to a Canon i965 that is
connected to a Windows XP box. Works like a charm, it takes
rather long until the printout starts, but the quality of the
prints is outstandingly good...

regards
Eberhard