Doing simple SQL in OpenOffice.org?

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Sep 21 10:17:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 14:50 +0800, Joel Bryan Juliano wrote:

> How can I do a simple SQL queries in OpenOffice.org Database, it seems
> that simple SQL Query doesn't work. Is OOo functional or do I need to
> install an SQL server for it to be functional?

I've been doing quite a bit of this lately and some quite complex SQL
seems to be supported.

If you click on the Query button, then one of the buttons in the menu
bar along the top is an SQL button. This opens a window where you can
type your SQL and then click on a button to run it. The results appear
in a pane below where you have typed the SQL.

When viewing queries, there is a list of things to do in the pane above
the list of queries. One of these suggests you can type SQL directly,
but that does not seem to show the results anywhere!

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Regards,
Tony.