some patcherror during update??

Luqman luqman_ngs at gmx.net
Wed Sep 20 12:45:58 UTC 2006

> Konstantinos Togias wanted us to know:

>On 9/20/06, Luqman <luqman_ngs at gmx.net> wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> realos at haqim-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
>> ..
>> dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von flashplugin-nonfree (--configure):
>>  Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück
>>  Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
>>   flashplugin-nonfree
>>   E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>>
>> There is no problem with free space on my harddisk. Any idea what could
>> be wrong/solution is well appreciated.
>>

>The same happens at my dapper system too. After apt-get update running
>apt-get upgrade gives:
>
>Reading package lists... Done
>Building dependency tree... Done
>0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>1 not fully installed or removed.
>Need to get 0B of archives.
>After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
>Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
>Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (7.0.68~ubuntu1~dapper1) ...
>Downloading...  done.
>usage: update-rc.d [-n] [-f] <basename> remove
>       update-rc.d [-n] <basename> defaults [NN | sNN kNN]
>       update-rc.d [-n] <basename> start|stop NN runlvl [runlvl] [...] .
>                -n: not really
>                -f: force
>dpkg: error processing flashplugin-nonfree (--configure):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>Errors were encountered while processing:
> flashplugin-nonfree
>E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I previously had a (more of less) working flash installation. Only
volume control was not working with flash. But now after doing the
update this morning, I got that error.

I guess there is some defected patch is the cause. Are there more people
with the same problem?

My system:

Laptop: Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo pa 1510, AMD Duo 1.6GHz, ATI Xpress 1100
(running with x200 driver)

Ubuntu 6.06

May be people facing same error can give information about their system.
This might help track down the bug.

--
Luqman