ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 206

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Wed Sep 20 10:23:01 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 11:18, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> > After moving my music
> > collection onto a new file-server and mounted the network folder using
> > smbfs on my local machine, Amarok won't build a collection from it.
>
> I guess it depends on what kind of network drive. I am doing this with
> NFS shares and amarok has no trouble scanning the collection.

I have a similar problem. I use a smb mounted external HD. Amarok has no
problem scanning the music collection, but at every reboot, I have to
instruct amarok to rescan the collection. It seems that the data is not kept
in its database. How to make this database persistent? And where is it
located?

Tx

--

mvg/Alain