prism54/islsm_usb drivers on a WG111v2

Roberto J. Dohnert robertdohnert at mailshack.com
Wed Sep 20 06:17:06 UTC 2006

Edit your /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

Add the following lines

blacklist islsm
blacklist islsm_usb

Install ndiswrapper. In the archive you have a folder that says ndis5,
use that driver in that folder.  Do not use the inf file in the root of
the archive, it doesnt work. Do an ndiswrapper -i and put in the driver
file name from the ndis5 folder.  Then modprobe ndiswrapper and then do
an ndiswrapper -m to load it as a bootable module, if you dont when you
reboot it wont show up.  I have the same device and it works fine with
ndiswrapper.