Amarok not building collection on network drives

Simon simon at swedishdrunkard.com
Tue Sep 19 23:33:27 UTC 2006

Greetings Lothar

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 10:20 +0200, Lothar Braun wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On Tuesday 19 September 2006 00:55, Simon wrote:
> > I've run into a peculiar situation with Amarok. After moving my music
> > collection onto a new file-server and mounted the network folder using
> > smbfs on my local machine, Amarok won't build a collection from it.
>
> This seems to be a common problem. There is a wiki-entry which deals with
> collections and smbfs:
>
> http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Samba
>
> Hth,
> Lothar

I tried everything mentioned in there, but to no avail. :-(
Thank you for your help though, and I'll be very grateful for any other
useful information that you or anyone might possess. One of the biggest
reasons I moved my collection onto the server was to be able to more
easily reach it throughout the network, and Amarok being my favourite
player, I of course want to be able to use it.

/ Simon