Is the desk top Ubuntu install still an issue?

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue Sep 19 19:45:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 15:32 -0400, Patrick Newberry wrote:
> I am planning on getting the DVD installation at some point (ebay etc)
> but started to down load the latest build for Ubuntu.
>
> Previously I used the alternative cd because I read that the desktop
> version had problems.
>
> In knot 3 has this been resolved?
>
> http://www.free-bees.co.uk/articles/ubuntu606/print/
I think you're getting confused.

The article you mention talks about known issues with the 6.06 Desktop
installer. Dapper (6.06) is now 6.06.1 to indicate that some security
fixes and fixes to the installer are now in the install image you
download. Try downloading 6.06 and you'll see it's automatically 6.06.1
you get.

Knot 3 has nothing to do with Ubuntu Dapper. It's the third unstable
release of Ubuntu 6.10 for people who want to help with testing or just
like messing with their systems.

In short the answer is go ahead and download it and it should be fine.

Duncan

--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk