where does the NIC driver locate in the system

Matthew Nicholson sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com
Tue Sep 19 14:48:53 UTC 2006

Well,
yes and no:

Yes, if you plan on never, ever booting into an old version of the
kernel. Also, be absolutely sure which kernel version your running, as
to avoid removing its modules.

No if you want to be safe, just in case something gets broken/goes
wrong, and you need to go back to and old kernel, even if only to
recover/fix something.

My opinion: Unless you are critically low on space (and doing and
apt-get clean/clearing out /var/cache/apt/archives wasn't enough) leave
the modules as they are.

matt