Programming in C (and C++)

Petar Milin pmilin at ff.ns.ac.yu
Mon Sep 18 09:12:58 UTC 2006

Hi,
I have no experience in programming in C under Linux. All I have been
done is C in MS Windows, mainly using MS Visual C++. Nevertheless, I
would like to try working under Linux, since MS Visual C++ is the last
thing I am using Windows for (sic!).
I have no GUI needs (for now), but simple console applications. What
would you recommend for that need? I saw Eclipse (with C/C++ add-in) and
Anjuta, but they seem complicate. Is there simpler way to make and run
console applications? Could you recommend some Guide or Tutorial with
step-by-step approach and lots of examples?

Sincerely,
Petar Milin