use of label in fstab

Paul Hide paul.hide at
Sun Sep 10 14:04:47 UTC 2006

I used e2label to label a partition on a sata disk /dev/sda1 with the label
ublinux edited fstab to contain:
label=ublinux / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
and this booted correctly.
I made another partition /dev/sda5 and used e2label to label it dyndata,
formatted it, made the directory /dydtest and then added another line to
label=ublinux / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
label=dyndata /dyntest ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
On bootup now, the first partition mounts correctly, but the second gives
the following error message from fsck.ext3: Unable to resolve
Does anyone have any thoughts.

Paul Hide