HP6122 OK but HPLIP not working

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Sun Sep 10 05:03:14 UTC 2006

On Sunday 10 September 2006 12:18, Ricardo C O Freitas wrote:
> Ah, I got it! the executable name is 'hp-toolbox'

I changed the subject line to the issue we are discussing.

Yup!  hp-toolbox IS there - but comes up with an error message:
"No installed HP devices found" (plus other stuff)

If I "http://localhost:631" , then "Printers" there are none!
BUT my HP Deskjet 6122 is working flawlessly! ??

Installing the printer using that CUPS web interface has proved
impossible - I have got as far as the section which asks for the
name of the manufacturer - it doesn't like HP.  If I try the
alternate option of providing the ppd file, it also errors so I
cannot go further <sigh>

The KDE Control Module confirms that I am using "foomatic/hpijs
(recommended)" and CUPS.

Maybe I should be using something other than foomatic/hpijs ?

--
Regards,
Brian