beagle

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 17:33:53 UTC 2006

On 9/9/06, David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> "Eamonn Sullivan" <eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com> writes:

> >> It seems like beagle is indexing almost nothing on my disk (even .txt
> >> files in my home directory).  I haven't done anything special to
> >> configure (or deconfigure) it.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Once Beagle is installed, go into Applications/Accessories and launch
> > Search. Under the Search menu, choose Preferences. I forget if I had
> > to turn this on myself when I first installed it, but make sure the
> > "Start search & indexing automatically" option is turned on. Under the
> > Indexing tab, make sure "Index my home directory" is turned on.
>
> Thanks, but I did that much long ago.  Still nothing.  I think I have
> been able to get it to find something at some point, but right now, I
> can't even find a document containing "the".

Sorry -- shows how often I use it -- I just discovered that search
doesn't find anything on my set up either. I simply never need it, so
never noticed that it wasn't indexing anything. This is the output I
get from:

esullivan at gandalf:~$ beagle-info --status
Scheduler:
Count: 1
Maintenance 0 (02/09/2006 21:22:10)
Optimize FileSystemIndex

Pending Tasks:
1 Maintenance 0 (02/09/2006 21:22:21)
Optimize GaimLogIndex

2 Maintenance 0 (02/09/2006 21:22:21)
Optimize IndexingServiceIndex

3 Maintenance 0 (02/09/2006 21:22:21)
Optimize TomboyIndex

4 Maintenance 0 (02/09/2006 21:22:21)
Optimize BlamIndex

5 Maintenance 0 (02/09/2006 21:22:21)
Optimize LifereaIndex

6 Maintenance 0 (02/09/2006 21:22:21)
Optimize AkregatorIndex

7 Maintenance 0 (02/09/2006 21:22:21)
Optimize KonqHistoryIndex

esullivan at gandalf:~$

It seems to be running (although those dates are all, of course,
several days ago). But I don't know what it's doing. Sorry I couldn't
be more help. I'll obviously need to study beagle more.

-Eamonn