beagle

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 16:53:47 UTC 2006

On 9/9/06, David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I just installed beagle on DD and find it very nice that one can
> > search his documents/hard disk and so on like we do the Internet.
> >
> > I have some problems though. Apparently beagle does not index my
> > mailbox (in mbox format) and it does not index my latex files (the
> > corresponding PDF files are being processed).
>
> It seems like beagle is indexing almost nothing on my disk (even .txt
> files in my home directory).  I haven't done anything special to
> configure (or deconfigure) it.  Any ideas?

Once Beagle is installed, go into Applications/Accessories and launch
Search. Under the Search menu, choose Preferences. I forget if I had
to turn this on myself when I first installed it, but make sure the
"Start search & indexing automatically" option is turned on. Under the
Indexing tab, make sure "Index my home directory" is turned on.

For an easy way to access Beagle from the desktop, install the Deskbar
applet on one of your panels.

-Eamonn