install ubuntu without CD-rom drive?

CheeseEatingBulldog ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Sep 8 15:11:50 UTC 2006

I had the same thing with my Vaio, which had no cd rom or disc,
orwhatever to install from so I googled and found these links:

http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/v1.htm

http://www.mightymouse.net/projects/vaio/

I assume the same is possible with your laptop, you need to screw open
the laptop, get the harddrive, connect harddrive to your desktop
computer, and install there. Then reinsert drive into laptop,
boot....and voila.

It saw all my hardware, including pcmia, wireless and touchpad.

You will need a special converter to connect a laptop hd to a desktop,
but I found one at my local IT store.

hope it helps.

--
CheeseEatingBulldog