PCMan File Manager 0.3.2 Beta released

PCMan ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Sep 7 23:22:35 UTC 2006

Homepage: http://pcmanfm.sourceforge.net/

More info:http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=1263

Project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcmanfm/

[image: http://pcmanfm.sourceforge.net/screenshot0.png]

PCManFM is an extremly fast and lightweight gtk+2 file manager which
features tabbed browsing and user-friendly interface.

It's aimed to be a lightweight replacement for nautilus or other heavy
file managers.

For full introduction of PCManFM, please go to our homepage.

The latest version 0.3.2 beta has supports for volume
management(mount/umount) and displaying icons on desktop.

Here is a screenshot of my current desktop environment:

http://pcman.sayya.org/pcmanfm/pcmanfm_fbpanel.png

The desktop icons are proviede by PCManFM.

The window manager used is IceWM, and the panel at the bottom is a
special version of fbpanel modified by me (Adding a much better menu to
original fbpanel).

Note: All these 3 programs have no gnome dependencies.

For those who wants to replace nautilus with pcmanfm, I'll write some
HOWTO when I have time. The most easy way is uninstalling nautilus, or
remove its *.desktop files on the system, and then, run "sudo
update-mime-database /usr/share/mime". This might work or might not. If
this doesn't work, try "sudo ln -s /usr/bin/pcmanfm /usr/bin/nautils".
<--- This is the worst but effective way.

--
PCMan