Ubuntu, winmodem, LCD projector

Robert E. Butts himco2 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 5 23:19:34 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 22:41 +0300, Artur si Natalia Boicu wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to connect Ubuntu to an LCD projector. How can I configure
> it? It seems like Ubuntu doesn't have a way to do this.

There shouldn't be anything to configure.  You attach the monitor cord
to the monitor jack in the LCD projector, and run a cable from the
monitor port on the back of the PC to the LCD, and you should be good to
go.  I don't know about Ubuntu, but I use LCD's in Windows XP regularly,
and there are no Windows settings that have to be added/modified.
Shouldn't be in Ubuntu, either.

> Also, I would like to connect with Ubuntu to Internet via modem, but
> Ubuntu doesn't detect my modem. My modem model is HDAUDIO Soft 92 Data
> Fax Modem with SmartCP. How can I configure it?

Run wvdialconf to find your modem.  It outputs a lot of stuff you don't
need; the modem port if found will be listed at the end.  Man wvdialconf
for options and settings.

HTH